Freemasons come from all walks of life, but in order to become a Mason you must meet a few simple criteria:
- You must be a male, at least 18 years of age
- You must profess a belief in a Supreme Being
- You must be a man of good morals and reputation
In order to join you must seek admission by your own free will, and you must be recommended by a current Freemason, unanimously elected to membership and willing to assume an obligation to the fraternity.
To get started simply go to the Lodge Locator and find a Lodge in your area! Feel free to email the Lodge or the Lodge’s Secretary to begin the process!
Degrees of Masonry
As you follow the path of Masonry you will have the opportunity to earn three symbolic degrees representing the lessons of Masonry.
- Entered Apprentice – beginner
- Fellowcraft – intermediate
- Master Mason – expert
All Shriners are Master Masons, but not all Freemasons go on to become Shriners.
Content courtesy of Shriners International.