The Grand Lodge of Florida is assisting local lodges in increasing their visibility and community activity. If you would like to apply for a grant to support this effort, here is guidance and the form –
Attached to this guidance letter is a spreadsheet that can be used by your lodge for requesting a “Lodge Assistance Grant” from the Grand Lodge of Florida’s Membership Development Committee. These grants are intended to support Lodges in securing advertising opportunities not only for their lodge but for the good of Freemasonry in general in their geographic region. The Grand Lodge of Florida has budgeted roughly $150,000 for this purpose, and as such, funds are limited to that amount for this year. These grants are intended to be MATCHING funds for your lodge, and shall be paid to your Lodge upon receipt of payment to the advertising vendor in total. These grants also can be used for something as simple as a road sign or welcome marker for your town, all the way up to a full-scale advertising program.
The following are some basic requirements for use of these funds to assist you in determining whether your lodge would like to participate:
- Lodge Assistance Grants per Lodge are limited to $2,500 in matching funds, there is no minimum limit.
- A Lodge may only apply once for a grant in this year.
- Multiple Lodges, Districts, Zones, or Areas of Lodges may apply together and this number shall compound per lodge included in the request (i.e. if three lodges apply as one program, they are eligible for up to $7,500 in matching funds).
- An application must be filled out and submitted for consideration.
- A plan, with samples of the advertising being considered, must be attached to the application for consideration.
- Approval for the grant must be received prior to the Lodge paying any funds towards the program itself.
- The advertising program must occur prior to the 2020 Grand Communication.
- The Membership Development Committee reserves the right to give guidance and revise any copy submitted for payment of these grants prior to approval.
We greatly hope that as many lodges as are able will participate in this program. It is intended for all of our Particular Lodges to begin programs themselves that will help them advertise and get their names out into the community. If you have any questions, or would like to know more about how to apply for these grants, or would like assistance in developing marketing material, please email Chas Jordan, State Chairman of Membership Development at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– SUCCESS FAVORS THE BOLD –